Through our partnership with Compco Systems Australia, we managed the development of Yogurtland’s app, which is an international franchise chain of frozen yogurt restaurants with headquarters in the United States. The yogurt chain is popular partly due to its self-serve format.
Yogurtland needed an app that allows its members track, manage their rewards, and collect points while purchasing its products. The challenge was to design an interactive game-like interface based on the seasons of the year with rewards layed out to collected throughout it.
FlexIT team's technical skills were put to the test to build this system from the ground up, while considering the constraints of integrating with third party providers and services. For this project, we used hybrid mobile app technology built using the Ionic Framework 3, native integration with GPS location tracking and geofencing; push notifications; Restful API built based on PHP 7 technology following a TDD approach; and finally POS integration through the Doshii platform.
Some of the app features included
- Integration with social logins (Facebook, Google)
- One touch access to your Real Rewards card
- Closest store location and directions through a custom Google Maps integration.
- CMS like flavour list with the ability for users to like and thus collecting useful metrics.
- Gale like land featuring the prizes which were dynamically managed from the backend.
- Gorgeous graphics and performant animations developed in HTML5.
We use the Agile methodology and SCRUM™ methodology, breaking down your project into sections and then producing them in 1-2 weeks sprints. During each sprint, we fully test each and every component of the app to make that it runs flawlessly and delivers the results users expect.
We leveraged the JIRA
software in all our projects to keep an accurate track of all tasks and activities, as well as using it as a tool to achieve high levels of quality.